Volunteer Your Time
• Volunteer in the classroom
• Prepare class activities at home
• Participate in the “Read with Me” Program
• Decorate classroom, doors and bulletins
• Help with Field Trips
• Center Activities (floats, holiday activities, etc.)
• Help with the up-keep of the facilities
• Help with lesson plans
• Serve as a Parent Representative
• Serve on the Policy Council
• Serve on the Board of Directors
• Attend Parent Trainings and Workshops
• Participate in the fatherhood program
How can I Volunteer?
Volunteering is easy! Even if you only have an hour or half an hour to spend some time with us, every minute counts!
Sign in & Sign Again! When you arrive at JETS you'll need to sign in at the front desk and, if you're a first time volunteer, sign our Volunteer Handbook & Policies Agreement. In order to track time spent at the center, you'll need to fill out a Non Federal Share Log.
And They're Off! After all the paperwork and a quick orientation, you'll be given lots of fun options of how you can help out as a volunteer! Whether it's in the classroom, in the office, in our Library, Handy Man Help, or a little bit of everything! JETS appreciates any contribution you make to our agency, even if it's from home!
Let's Do It Again! If you love your experience volunteering and would like to do it again, apply to be a regular volunteer. Regular Volunteers will go under go a background check and receive over 18 hours of Child Care specific Certifications over a 90 day period.